Sunday, June 6, 2010

OH How I love it

Years ago, when Godfathers Pizza was around and I was in Jobs Daughters, (lets just say 18 years ago), we would go to for pizza often. My FAVORITE pizza was their taco pizza. I spent some time last night looking for taco pizza recipes. Keep in mind anything you cook on the stove or in the oven can be done in a DO. I found several recipes. I took a little from each and came up with my pizza. I found a recipe for pizza dough. I was VERY nervous because I have never ventured into cooking anything that involves yeast...unless it is Rhodes bake and serve. But once again I stepped out of my comfort zone and did it.

I invited my parents over for dinner, but just a few hours before it was time for them to arrive, I got nervous and thought you better buy pizza crusts that are guaranteed to be good.

I did 2 taco pizza's. One with the crust I made and the other with the store bought one. I also did a pepperoni. They turned out great. I surprised myself. The best part was, everyone agreed my crust was better than the store bought. Guess I know I can do it now. So proud of myself.





Half eaten but you get the idea








No comments: