Monday, July 5, 2010

IDOS cook off at the West Jordan Stampeed

Saturday Rob and I competed in the IDOS sanctioned West Jordan Stampeed DO cook off. We competed against my brother and his girlfriend Jamie (who made it to Worlds last year) the second place winners at worlds last year and several other amazing DO chefs. We cooked a stuffed beef tenderloin, buttermilk bread and key lime macadamia nut pie. It was a lot of fun. This time we were much more prepared. We didn't place as high as we would have liked to but it's all about learning, improving, and most of all having a good time. That being taken into consideration...we took first place in those areas. A huge thank you to my brother and Jamie for getting us involved. Thank you for your love, support and encouragement. You guys are a great inspiration. A SPECIAL thanks to my mom and dad for taking our kids and for coming and supporting us. It was my moms birthday and instead of doing something fun for herself they took our kids and spent the day with them supporting us and being the BIGGEST FANS of me, Rob, Butthead and Jamie. Thanks for everything you do for us and for giving up your day for us. Love you!

Our winnings

2 comments:

Jen said...

Susie!! Seriously?!! IM GONNA LICK MY SCREEN! You've gotta teach me how to do this!! Great job to you guys! We gotta catch up sometime soon k? :)

Andrea and Alex Barker said...

I am so bummed I missed you! I am working all over the freaking valley right now and so my schedule is very unpredictable. Every so often I remind myself that I need to stop by Kevin's to say hi to all of you. Things are really busy right now as we are leaving TOSH and going private but what days are you working now? I do promise to come by eventually...