Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's great to be a mom

A few weeks ago, I had a really hard day.  I had Braden(my son from another mom) here as well as Budah and Mikala.  We ate dinner and Braden went to play with the neighbors.  Kona (our dog) was out running the house.  I didn't realize it but Braden hadn't thrown his chicken bones away and Kona ate them.  Just about the time I realized this, Budah and Mik started to cry.  My blood pressure went through the roof.  I started to freak out about Kona and the fact the bones could kill her.  I called Rob (at work) and told him.  I was SOOOO mad.  We got off the phone and I continues to freak out.  Then the phone rang.  It was Rob.  He told me Cole (his partner) had called his vet and they said I needed to give her a half a cup of salt.  How am I going to get a half cup of salt down her?  As if my BP wasn't high enough...it just got higher.  I went over to Jen and Dave's (my neighbors) to see if they could help me.  They said to do hydrogen peroxide instead of salt.  I ran back to the house to try it.  The phone rang again.  It was Rob calling to see if I had done it.  I FREAKED out on him.  I hung up on him and went to work on Kona.  I got the job done and she threw up EVERYTHING.  Budah and Mik screamed the whole time, and I was ready to kill everyone in my path.  As I walked in the house to the chaos, the new song by  Trace Atkins (You're going to miss this) was on the radio.  It really put thing in perspective for me.  The good news is...we are all alive and healthy.