Friday, December 19, 2008

PCMC follow-up

On Monday December 15th Budah was released from PCMC. I can't begin to tell you how happy I was. At first I wasn't sure that it was in his best interest. He hadn't had fevers for 36 hours so that was good but I was so worried he would dehydrate again. On the drive home he fell asleep. We put him in bed and he slept for about 2 hours. When he woke up, he was like a new person and I then felt he was right where he was supposed to be. I wanted to share some pictures of him. He was so brave and tough. I am the proudest mom. My lil man truly was a perfect patient.
Budah was confined to his room. You can just imagine how BORING that would be. I would go down to the Forever Young Zone and pick up activities for him to do when he felt up to it. Here he is painting a wood bear.


This is one of my favorites. It is so sweet. As you can see he is sleeping with a car. It is one that a UHP officer gave him on the 3rd day we were there. He still sleeps with that car. Thank you to the UHP trooper who truly made Budah happy.

He also would play PS2 games. They didn't have any that he could REALLY play but he sure did give it a good effort.

Everyone knows how much Budah loves sweets. This is all he ate of a cookie. Clearly he is in critical condition if he won't even eat a chocolate chip cookie.


4 comments:

Jen said...

Im so glad he is home! I was so worried about you guys. And yes... lets get together after Christmas. And go check out that rockin location. :) Have a good Christmas.

Mackenzie said...

i am happy to hear that he is home and well! Those pics make me so sad!

Andrea and Alex Barker said...

What?!? I had no idea this was going on. I wasn't on my computer much over the holiday. I am so glad he is doing better. Leave it to a Lund family member to have some odd medical thing. Seriously! Well, glad he is ok. Hope everything else is going well.

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so glad he's better. I was just catching up on your blog, I haven't read it for a while. Do you remember me? I'm making an appointment soon, so I'll see you again in a couple weeks!