Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mother of the Year



So, Monday I had it all planned out...I would pick up the kids, hang out with them for a few hours, put them to bed and then play on photoshop and talk to my friend Jen on messenger. It was going to be a nice relaxing night. That all came to a end at 7:22 pm when Mikala fell of the bed and landed on a plug that cut her head. Next thing I know I am on my way to drop Budah off to my mom and dad and flying up to Primary Children's Medical Center. Rob was on shift so he just met me up there and tried to comfort me and Mik. He could only stay for a few minutes. I was then on my own. We were up there for 5 hours. A Nurse Practitioner named Steve sewed her up and he did a fab job. Mik was a true trooper. They didn't want to sedate her because of her size so he just sewed her with a little lidocane gel on her head. It had worn off by the time they sewed her but she took it like a trooper. I was so proud of her.

2 comments:

Jen said...

WHAT THE... HELLO?? I cant believe Im reading this breaking news story by way of your blog!! Lol... just kidding. Im glad that Mik is okay. That is so crazy! What a freak thing! Well- she is still cute! Anyway- um lets get together... Is someone still being a poo poo head? Did you get my email about the UHP news? Fab huh? K- we have a lot to catch up on so call me when you get a spare minute :)

Mackenzie said...

Oh ewwww! I really don't think I would be able to handle it!! I would literally fall off of my rocker!!! I am glad she did well, and you too! Hope she heals up nicely.